Controlling Your Ball Flight In The Wind
One question that some of my players ask me is….How can I score better playing golf in the wind?
Playing golf on windy days can be challenging, but with these few tips, maybe you can lower your score.
- Tee the ball lower on into the wind shots, higher on downwind tee shots.
- Most solidly struck shots are not affected directionally by the wind, so make sure you hit the ball solidly. Non-solidly struck shots tend to curve more.
- Set-up is critical to hitting solid shots into the wind. On shots into the wind, make sure you play the ball slightly back in your stance, close the clubface slightly, and finish your swing low.
- The wind can affect most shots even pitches, chips, and putts.
- Aim more for the center of the green on approach shots.
- It’s difficult to get the ball closer to the hole when it’s windy. Make putting a priority and make sure you at least two putt greens
- Greens tend to get faster and harder the more the wind blows. So adjust your game accordingly. All shots on the green take longer to stop.
Last of all, embrace playing in the wind. It can be a challenge but the better you get at it, the lower your score.
PGA Director of Instruction
With over 25 years of teaching experience, it's easy to see why Mike has become a leader in the world of golf instruction. Everything from cutting edge social networking techniques to having his own podcast, Mike has helped to change the face of teaching golf. He currently is the Director of Player Performance at the Boyne Golf Academy in Harbor Springs, Michigan.
How To Build A Wedge Range Want to score better? Of course you do! The Wedge Range at Boyne Mountain Resort opened this past July to rave reviews! A place to help you with your game from 100 yards and in! In this video, we discuss how we built the wedge...
How To Regrip A Golf Club In this video, Mike spends some time with Steve Heuston owner of Precision Fit Golf teaching us the finer points of how to regrip a golf club. Most people do not really think too much about your golf grips. Getting them re griped when...
Better Impact Equals Better Golf Shots How good does it feel to be in a great impact position? I say it feels like hitting ice cream. Soft but heavy, very sweet! In this video Mike describes what it feels like to be in a great impact position. He offers one...
TEAM MFG BLOG
Never miss a new post, article, or video!
Subscribe to our newsletter Chip Shots!